Chicago College of Performing Arts
Chicago Cultural Center
For 2017, Credo returns to the orchestral realm, presenting a tuition-free program for advanced pre-professional players. A week of intensive rehearsals, sectionals, master classes, and community outreach will culminate in the presentation of Rossini’s Semiramide Overture and Mendelssohn’s Italian Symphony at the Chicago Cultural Center. Participants will be housed in the heart of Chicago, at Roosevelt University’s exciting new dorm.
Wind and brass players: highly qualified pre-professionals age 20 and above.
String players: selected from Credo Oberlin applicants.
- Principal Cellist, Indianapolis Symphony
- Principal Violist, Chicago Sinfonietta
- Associate Principal Trumpet, San Antonio Symphony
- Associate Principal Second Violin, Utah Symphony
- Baltimore Symphony, violin
- Grant Park Symphony Orchestra, violin and viola
- Houston Grand Opera Orchesta, viola
- St. Paul Chamber Orchestra, violin
- Minnesota Orchestra, violin
- National Flute Association, winner of both solo competition and orchestral excerpt competition
Peter Slowik, Credo Artistic Director
Bonita Boyd, Eastman School
Jonathan Boen, Principal Horn, Lyric Opera of Chicago
Hanah Stuart (Credo ’01, ’02, ’03, ’04, ’08) San Diego Symphony; Grant Park Symphony
Aaron Mossburg (Credo ’06) Principal Viola, Akron Symphony
Holly Jenkins (Credo ’12) Baltimore Symphony Orchestra
Members of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra
See Credo Oberlin for strings application information.
Applications for all wind and brass applicants have closed.
Your application will be complete when Credo has received each of the following items:
(applications will not be acted on until all items are completed)
- Online application
- $25 application fee (paid at the end of online application)
- Video audition uploaded to www.YouTube.com
- 4 minutes of solo piece of choice
- Your choice of 4 representative excerpts (total) from the summer’s repertoire:
- Rossini: Semiramide Overture
- Mendelssohn: Italian Symphony
- Auditions must be uploaded in a single video link to www.YouTube.com
- It is not necessary to perform the audition in a single take
- Do not require a password for audition video – private links that require a password will not be reviewed.
- Letter of recommendation
- Email to email@example.com
- OR mail to:
65 E College St, Ste 7
Oberlin, OH 44074
Costs and financial aid
This is a tuition-free program.
Room and board is available (through Credo) for the week in Roosevelt University dorm for $650. Dorm payments will be due June 15.
Housing assistance requests must be submitted by the April 1 application deadline. Please contact the Credo office for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org or 440-774-3658).
Questions? Contact the Credo office at 440-774-3658 or email@example.com