Chicago College of Performing Arts
Chicago Cultural Center
In 2017 Credo returned to the orchestral realm, presenting a tuition-free program for advanced pre-professional players. A week of intensive rehearsals, sectionals, master classes, and community outreach culminated in the presentation of Rossini’s Semiramide Overture and Mendelssohn’s Italian Symphony at the Chicago Cultural Center.
Information on Credo’s 2018 programming will be posted shortly.
Wind and brass players: highly qualified pre-professionals age 20 and above.
String players: selected from Credo Oberlin applicants.
- Principal Cellist, Indianapolis Symphony
- Principal Violist, Chicago Sinfonietta
- Associate Principal Trumpet, San Antonio Symphony
- Associate Principal Second Violin, Utah Symphony
- Baltimore Symphony, violin
- Grant Park Symphony Orchestra, violin and viola
- Houston Grand Opera Orchesta, viola
- St. Paul Chamber Orchestra, violin
- Minnesota Orchestra, violin
- National Flute Association, winner of both solo competition and orchestral excerpt competition
Peter Slowik, Credo Artistic Director
Bonita Boyd, Eastman School
Jonathan Boen, Principal Horn, Lyric Opera of Chicago
Hanah Stuart (Credo ’01, ’02, ’03, ’04, ’08) San Diego Symphony; Grant Park Symphony
Aaron Mossburg (Credo ’06) Principal Viola, Akron Symphony
Holly Jenkins (Credo ’12) Baltimore Symphony Orchestra
Members of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra
Questions? Contact the Credo office at 440-774-3658 or firstname.lastname@example.org