All applicants wishing to apply for Credo Flute will find application information below. Applicants wishing to apply for Credo Oberlin and/or the Quartet Fellowship may do so on the Credo Oberlin Apply page.
Your application will be complete when Credo has received each of the following items:
(applications will not be acted on until all items are completed)
- Online Application
* early bird (before January 1): $25
* January 2 - February 15: $45
* after February 15: $75
* Credo Alumni before February 15: $25 ($45 after February 15)
- Digital Photo of the applicant – uploaded to your account after submitting your online application
- Audition – either uploaded online, or live audition (see Audition details below for schedule)
- For new applicants only: Recommendation letter (from teacher, orchestra director, youth leader, pastor, or employer). Applicants are responsible for asking their recommender to submit a letter of recommendation on their behalf, either by emailing the Credo office directly or sending the letter to the Credo office. Further details are included in the online application.
- Nov. 22 ... Application Opens
- Jan 1 ... early-bird application fee ends
- Feb 15-March 15 ... A limited number of applicants will be admitted via “rolling admission”
- Feb 1 ... Strong preference will be given to counselor applications received by this date
- March 10 ... Completed applications due for financial aid applicants
- March 25 ... Completed applications due for ALL applicants
- April 1-10 ... Admissions decisions made. Initial $100 deposit due two weeks after notification
- April 15 ... Total $400 tuition deposit due (Initial $100 tuition deposit plus additional $300 deposit)
- May 15 ... Students on Wait List notified of final status. Initial $100 deposit due two weeks after notification
- June 15 ... Tuition/Room/Board Balance Due
- June 15 ... Student registration forms due (available on website May 1)
All students must audition for admission and placement with a recorded video. Upload instructions will be included in the online application.
All applicants are required to audition with two pieces or movements in contrasting styles; one should demonstrate technical abilities, the other melodic abilities.