Credo Oberlin / Quartet Fellowship
UPDATE: Credo's chamber music focus requires specific instrumentation and fits. We can still consider cellists and violists age 16 and under - until April 20. If you are interested, please contact Artistic Director Peter Slowik.
(Applicants wishing to apply for Credo Flute may do so on the Credo Flute Apply page. )
Your application will be complete when Credo has received each of the following items:
(applications will not be acted on until all items are completed)
- Online Application
* early bird (before January 1): $25
* January 2 - February 15: $45
* after February 15: $75
* Credo Alumni before February 15: $25 ($45 after February 15)
- Digital Photo of the applicant – uploaded to your account after submitting your online application
- Audition – applicants may audition by video (uploaded to Youtube), or live audition (see audition schedule below).
- For new applicants only: Recommendation letter (from teacher, orchestra director, youth leader, pastor, or employer). Applicants are responsible for asking their recommender to submit a letter of recommendation on their behalf, either by emailing the Credo office directly or sending the letter to the Credo office. Further details are included in the online application.
- Nov. 22 ... Application Opens
- January 1 ... early-bird application fee ends
- Feb 15-March 15 ... A limited number of applicants will be admitted via “rolling admission”
- Feb 16 ... deadline for Quartet Fellowship applicants
- Feb 16 ... Strong preference will be given to counselor applications received by this date
- March 10 ... Completed applications due for financial aid applicants
- March 25 ... Completed applications due for ALL applicants
- April 1-10 ... Admissions decisions made. Initial non-refundable $100 deposit due two weeks after notification
- April 15 ... Total $400 tuition deposit due (Initial $100 tuition deposit plus additional non-refundable $300 deposit)
- May 15 ... Students on Wait List notified of final status. Initial $100 deposit due two weeks after notification
- June 15 ... Tuition/Room/Board Balance Due
- June 15 ... Student registration forms due (available on website May 1)
All students must audition for admission and placement. While live auditions are preferred, video auditions are also acceptable.
All applicants are required to audition with two pieces or movements in contrasting styles; one piece should demonstrate technical abilities, while another could showcase melodic abilities.
Live auditions & Dates
Below is the schedule of audition dates. Please indicate on your online application which audition date you prefer. We will contact you to schedule your specific audition time and answer any questions about the audition process two weeks before the audition is to occur.
February 10 .... Oberlin, OH
February 17 .... Oberlin, OH
February 19 ... Chicago, IL
February 24 .... Oberlin, OH
February 24 ... Fort Worth, TX
March 3 .... Oberlin, OH
Applicants auditioning by video will be asked to upload their audition video to Youtube. Applicants may provide the Youtube URL in the application form, or at a later date. Detailed instructions for submitting the audition URL will be sent to applicants following the submission of their application form.