SHARE THE GIFT
Share the Gift (STG) is a way for Credo students to raise support towards their tuition while helping their communities and fellow students.
Credo encourages its musicians to “make a difference” in their home communities throughout the year. Our musicians perform concerts in churches, hospitals, and prisons, and also share their time in other non-musical service projects. Through these projects, businesses, friends and relatives have the opportunity to support these young people financially as their share their gift.
Half of the support raised by a student through these service activities goes directly towards their tuition, while the other half goes in the scholarship fund to help another student attend Credo. Over the years students have raised tens of thousands of dollars through the STG program, helping Credo to meet the financial needs of talented students. Read more below for how you can be involved.
How can I Share the Gift?
1. Come up with a “fundraising” project:
- Practice marathon (have friends/family members pledge cents or dollars per hour!)
- “Benefit concert” in your church or home
- Musical soiree: prepare 20 or so popular tunes and play them as “requests” for pledges
- Outreach concerts (in nursing homes, libraries, etc): Gather pledges from friends and family for each concert you play.
- Crowdfunding campaign
- Create your own idea and share it with us!
2. Ask people to support your project with a donation! (you can ask friends, family, aunts, uncles, neighbors...!)
3. Collect your donations, keep track of your supporters, and send your collected donations to the Credo office to process.
IMPORTANT PRACTICAL INFORMATION:
What do I do with the collected donations?
Send all materials (checks, notes) to the Credo office (65 East College St., Ste. 7, Oberlin, OH 44074). All donations must be forwarded to Credo by May 1, 2018 in order to be counted toward Credo 2018 tuition.
Important information to tell your supportors:
- One half of all donations will be tax deductible.
- All checks must be made out to “Credo Music”, with the "STG + student's name" in the memo line.
Things to remember:
- Sending cash in the mail is unsafe. If you collect cash donations, please have your parents send a check (with “STG cash donations+ student's name ” in the memo line).
- Keep track of your donors, so we can send them a thank you note! We'll need their names, addresses and email addresses. If you do something like a church concert for donations, and you can't really keep track of the donors, let us know where you held your event. We will send a note of thanks to your church or other organization for hosting your project.
Earn more by doing good
We love to encourage our students to reach out and service their communities. This year, Credo will credit your tuition account $50 for up to two volunteer activities you organize/participate in in the months leading up to the summer festival. Just get someone “official” to write us a quick note about what you did.
Let’s say that you were going to do a STG concert anyway. Why not have your dress rehearsal at a nursing home and get $50 towards your tuition? Other ideas include cleaning a homeless shelter, raking and mowing an elderly person's yard, or volunteering to clean up your local park.
Questions? Just send us an email - we're happy to help!